Saturday 27 September 2014

First Time - Shape Sheet

I don't know how in all my years of messing around in art classes from school to my own adventures, I've never done a shape sheet. I've done progression sheets or idea developments but never something as simple as taking a single shape or shapes from an images and then letting my mind and hand wandering creating new patterned and ideas.


























Not the best photo I've ever taken and I'm not overly happy with my shape sheet but for a first time I think it turned out pretty well. I would still like to go back and work into it, penning my final work and just some simple colour behind the shapes to make them pop.
However i do like the process of taking my double circle in the top left and branching off, of it into a crazy mess of spirals, Triangles all the way back to teardrop shapes in the bottom right or even the mass of circles in the top right which is a very abstract sort of piece. It's really crazy how much a simple double circle can slowly but surly be changed into something else through this method. Its definitely something I'll be using again when trying to come up with unique patterns and shape fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment