Saturday 20 September 2014

Paper Manipulation - Part One

Fashion... Not something I'd consider myself to be interested in at all, but the art of using different techniques such as twisting, scrunching and pleating together to create something does grab my attention and allows me to experiment in things i wouldn't normally try. This being one of them, first we got our briefs again and for the start of this lesson our aim was to manipulate, construct and deconstruct white paper.
I went into this with a very open mind and just let my mind wander using a few keys words to guide my manipulation:







As seen above the words i used to help guide me were Twisting, Fold, Cutting and Joining.
This was very much just a chance for me to experiment with different types of design with paper, its not something I'd ever really done before and i wouldn't say it was the most enjoyable thing. However it definitely gave me some more insight to how different types of materials can be used to create new textures and unique styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment